Sunday, June 24, 2012

Isabel's scarf

Yesterday I warped up the Orlon for Isabel's scarf for the first trial of the Nilus Leclerc Dorothy table loom.  The colours are pink/fuscia combinations and it will be a basic twill in a crammed and spaced warp (the first time I have tried this).
Warped and tied off
 Note the calculations in the book under the warp - needed to work out the spacing to take the warp from twice as much (as the calculated sett) to 0 and back.  More about this later...
Chained

The Loom all ready to go

The only raddle I have (for the Macomber), and just a tad wider than needed!

That's the whole warp stretched out (enough for 3 scarves)

And finally wound on and through the lease sticks
I had a close call after working out the spacings carefully for a 10 dent reed, only to find out that the reed I had carefully cleaned and set up for this project was in fact a 9 dent reed.
Recalculated spacings
I won't know if I have it right until I get weaving on this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment