Friday, June 1, 2012

Alpaca progress

I've been spinning away with the NZ bought Alpaca (Chocolate and Cairo), and have settled into a fairly steady routine.  It's taking about five and half hours to spin, ply and wind each 2oz skein.  Mostly that is not in one session, but I did one complete run last Sunday (with just breaks in between sessions) - I think that would be the first time I have completed one skein within a day.  It certain is proof that I can't sit and spin continuously for more than about an hour and a half before the back starts complaining.  I'm normally ready for a cuppa or a glass of wine way before that time anyway :-)

The first 6 skeins
This is about the half way mark, as based on weight and what I started with there should be about 12 skeins in total for the project.  As it is the project after next on the loom, I still have plenty of spinning time.


No comments:

Post a Comment