Sunday, June 28, 2015

Warping

Today between a couple of brief visits to gardens I managed to re-wind the skeins of dyed wool for the Wedding gift shawl into balls, and then wind the warp.  I knew I was going to be close with the amounts of wool - trying to ensure I had enough to dye the colours and also have enough to weave with, but knowing I might have to spin just a bit more.

As it turns out, for some odd reason I had plenty of yellow but ran out of both the dark blue and turquoise - only a couple of warp ends short, so I've made a slightly compromised version of the pattern which will mean it is not quite symetrical, but at least close. I figured the chances of making an exact match for the dyed colours I have with a second batch were probably zero so went with the compromise instead.

The warp all ready to head to the loom
Will be starting the loom dressing on Tuesday as tomorrow Anne and I head out to Decatur to drop off the finished wool/alpaca skeins.  I was also able to sell 5 Clun Forest batts at the lesson on Saturday and have an order for more to deliver in September, plus an invitation to head to Townsend (petrol paid for) to look at and try and re-assemble an old loom.  As Anne and I were keen to head back up that way for a weekend - sounds like a good deal...

No comments:

Post a Comment