Monday, June 8, 2015

Spinning progress

The pile of 50/50 alpaca/wool skeins is growing and the end is in sight.  I am just washing the last of the 'white' alpaca and have enough for about 5 or 6 more skeins to finish the order.

11 skeins so far
Carding is relatively fast once the fiber is washed, and I've been making a couple of batts at a time then spinning singles.  Two full bobbins of singles equals two 2+ oz skeins. 

Mixing wool and alpaca for carding
The other spinning work I've started is to prepare for the spinning class I am attending on the 27th of this month.  We have to take along 2 bobbins of singles in contrasting colors. I had some fiber that I had blended to make a lighter shade from the original dark, so have spun that and begun spinning a bobbin of the dark.

Bobbins of singles - in preparation for the spinning class.
More to come on the class which is an all day event organised by the Knoxville guild I belong to.

No comments:

Post a Comment