Saturday, October 24, 2015

Loom Room

Not quite a weaving studio yet, but over the last couple of days I have managed to make my loom room (spare bedroom #3 - but really fairly small for that purpose) a little more functional. 

Up until now I had so many bags of wool/locks/bats/etc along with boxes of miscellaneous weaving/spinning and odd stuff, that I could only generally use one loom at a time. By stacking the 'stuff' in behind 'Bernie' - the upright loom, I could use 'BagMac' - the Macomber.  Then swap everything around to do the opposite.  Little 'Dot' - the Leclerc Dorothy was mostly hidden under piles of paperwork on the bench so to weave with it I just took it out of the room.

No more!!

I have packed up all the spare wool/yarn etc and moved it up into the attic - where I can still get to it, but it isn't now in my way!  This has meant I actually have two looms dressed - BigMac and Bernie and the plans are underway to dress Dot as well (I have to dye some yarn first).  I even have a little bit of room on the table to work on planning - although it is crowed by some large cones of yarn that will have to move...

Looking almost like a studio (albeit fairly cramped!)
BigMac has a warp for 9 (of the 18) Christmas towels, and Bernie has warp for 3 rugs for an exhibit next year.  More info on both those projects to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment