Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Townsend Artisan Guild

Clun Forest felted scarf.
This is the felted scarf made by a member of the Townsend Artisan Guild and currently in a local exhibit.  She bought all the batts I took to the last guild meeting so I expect I will see more work from her.  At least it is proof that Clun Forest wool felts well.

The other potential work in Townsend is to look at whether or not an old loom can be restored.

Old loom shot 1

Old loom shot 2
From the pictures it looks like a 4 shaft jack loom probably 36" or so wide.  The wood has some water damage and the wire heddles look a little worse for wear.  That being said I should be able to check the actual condition of the wood and what is there/missing when I visit on the 26th of this month.  After that I should know if it is worth restoration.

Otherwise I will be demonstrating weaving at the Blue Ribbon Country Fair (http://www.gsmheritagecenter.org/2014/07/blue-ribbon-country-fair/) for most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment