Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Baby Blanket weaving finished

After a couple of hours in the garden this morning (planting seeds for the dye garden), and a little bit of spinning, I started the last pattern repeat of the Baby Blanket project.

The customary wine reward for finishing :-)
The sides are tied off for the side fringes - that extra 4 inches was cut and knotted each time I wound on.  Next I'll cut it off the loom and knot the warp ends, then comes the job of twisting the fringes.  By my reckoning that would be 336 fringes to twist.  Rather hoping I can get some help with this from Anne...

I'll leave the loom waste on the back beam and tie my next project directly to that.  A hand spun, painted warp, striped shawl for a wedding present for the bride, then a hand spun, dyed scarf in matching colours for the groom.  Due by the end of July so I need to get started on the planning/dyeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment