Friday, May 22, 2015

Baby Blanket and Party prep.

Finished the tie on and addition of fixed selvedges for the side fringes, so was able to space the warp and weave the first inch (to check that I'm matching the 10 ppi called for in the instructions).

First inch woven.
The weaving will have to wait now until we have everything ready for our '1 year in the valley' party on Saturday. With family, friends and some locals coming we are preparing Kiwi flavoured food (with some TN staples though).  I have finished the mini-meat pies and sausage rolls.

Baking from this morning.
Bread, including cheddarmite scrolls next.  I also have to do some gardening chores and luckily it is not too hot out today, but gloriously fine so perfect to mow the lawns and prepare the croquet lawn.

I did manage to finish another skein of the 50/50 alpaca/wool blend that was ordered through KiwiWeave.  It's turning out to be a very pleasant blend to spin and being a little thicker than the 100% alpaca I did in the last order, it is faster.  I have nearly 2 lb of blend to do, so that becomes the next priority after the party.

First two skeins off the production line.

No comments:

Post a Comment