Monday, August 22, 2011

1890

That's the total number of yards of 2-ply yarn required for CF weaving project #1 - the production of 3, 3 colour woven scarves (there is less loom wastage if you weave more than one item in a run...).  I finished the final figures today, worked out (and I'll repeat the maths again before I actually dye any wool and wind the first warp) the actual figures - up until now it was an approximate guess.

The current yardage spun is 1212 yds and at around 200 yds average per skein that's about 3 or 4 more skeins to spin.  As you can seen in the photo I have no shortage of batts to convert to yarn (these are just the latest off the carder this weekend)!!

I'll tidy up my scribbled (weaving) figures and publish them in the next post

Skeins and batts (sample skein on top)

No comments:

Post a Comment