Saturday, July 2, 2011

Back in Business

It's been a while since I processed any CF wool - but I haven't been idle.  The long running 'llama' wool project has finally drawn to a close.  I carded and spun the final two skeins of llama wool so that I can hand over the completed batch.

Once the carding was finished I was able to clean up the drum carder ready for CF wool processing, and then once the final spinning and plying was done I washed the entire lot and bagged it up ready to go.  In all there is about 10oz of two ply wool - and about 700yds in length.  I'm not a knitter so have no idea what that could produce - but I suspect a useful number of hats/scarves?

The finished llama




With that out of the way I have already today washed a 1lb of wool, spun a batt, and carded two more.  I think it will be a woolly weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment