Saturday, January 14, 2017

Gift Towels Finished

With some extended sessions the towels were finished.
The obligatory finish libation...
Pete (the loom) performed well - and will now get a deserved clean - weaving 30 cotton towels really does get dusty!!  I used a temple to keep the draw in to a minimum and as the next photo shows I managed to keep the overall width pretty consistent across the whole warp.
Edge of the cloth beam.
After using some sticks and packing around where the knots were I didn't bother with any more packing and had no problems.

The towels were cut off, rough finished on each end of the continuous wash - any ends were trimmed and the whole thing was thrown in the washing machine.  After washing and drying I ironed the whole roll and then cut it up at the marker threads.  I then ironed and pinned the hems and machine sewed them.
Towel #1 finished.
We had about 22 towels to complete to post/deliver for Christmas and the rest are stock for sale or next Christmas gifts.  I bought two very large cones of the cotton for this project and based on how much this used, I should be good for 3 to 4 years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment