Sunday, November 25, 2012

Alpaca Scarf #3

I managed to finish the spinning of the dark alpaca singles while in Greenville, NC and was able to complete the plying this morning.  That let me wind some bobbins for the 3 colours I'm using on this scarf.

I had to make a couple of little boxes to hold two of the shuttles as I am running the yarn up the side of the scarf vice joining at each stripe.  This is because I am doing a fibonacci sequence for each of the two colours (cream and dark) with the coffee/medium as the ground for that.  The sequence goes: 1,1,2,3,5,8,5,3,2,1,1 then repeats with the other colour.

1st repeats, resting shuttles in the holders, and active one to the left.
It's a little slower weaving while I get used to keeping the yarn in the correct place at the sides, but it is starting to become easier, so shouldn't take too long to complete.  Then some finishing and they'll be ready to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment