Sunday, July 22, 2012

Colours of Ireland Placemats (CoIP)

Spent most of the day dressing the Macomber loom with the linen warp.  On Saturday I spent an hour or so untangling the last couple of feet of warp after winding it on - it managed to wrap itself in knots (sort of) and required some dedicated unraveling from the lease sticks out.  With that done it was a relatively easy (but long) process to complete the dressing.

The first few inches will be purely experimental - using the new temple, and getting a feel for the linen which, so far, will be the finest yarn I have used on this loom.  The non-elastic nature doesn't seem a problem. the sheds are forming nicely and the sett seems pretty spot on.

the first couple of inches
The pattern looks fairly good on the white on white warp/weft - it will really jump out when I put the stripe in.  Still waiting for the dyes for that - they should be arriving early in the week.  I also need the other cone of linen (on back order) to complete the 18 place mats I have planned.

Also have one more scarf on the Dorothy loom and two or three skeins of alpaca to spin - I think I'll be busy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment