Thursday, January 5, 2012

Half way

 The weaving is going very smoothly and I'm already half way through the second scarf (of three I plan to make).  The stripes are staying relatively consistent, with the only real difference happening when I hit some thinner wool - which is a spinning problem that I'm not going to try to counter.  Even the thinner wool (currently the dark blue) comes out fairly 'square' - or close enough to it.
Current sample

 I also took some time last night to spin some already dyed CF wool from the batts Anne had dyed a little while back.  It's just another way of producing yarn for the current weaving and is a lot faster than waiting until I spin skeins of white wool and then dyeing them.  There's enough wool for a skein or two of the dark and light blue.
Spinning blue singles - prior to plying



No comments:

Post a Comment