Sunday, January 29, 2012

Finished weaving

Well actually I finished weaving the scarves nearly two weeks ago, but a few things have occurred in the meantime. 

Prep for my wedding, the wedding, then a week away in the mountains on our honeymoon.  Great times and never too far away from spinning/weaving: we had some family around for dinner the night before the wedding and they saw the CF#1 scarves on the loom and loved them, Anne wore the merino hand spun/woven scarf at the party after the wedding with many favorable comments, and we took some CF to the mountain cabin and managed to card/spin quite a lot (later blog).

So the three CF scarves were finally removed from the loom, ready to have the fringes sewn (I'm stitching these ones rather than knotting - which I think works better for the shorter fringes I have chosen).

I took the scarves and some wool and a needle with us to the cabin and then for the life of me couldn't remember the recommended stitch pattern, so they remained in the bag until we arrive back home this weekend.

I've started the stitching process, and should finish within a couple of days (given the fairly long list of other chores I have :-)

No. 1 scarf - first end.

No comments:

Post a Comment