Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Warping

This time around I hung the warping board on the wall vertically and moved mostly up and down - said to be easier than side to side.  I didn't note the difference really!!

The stripes went on pretty easily and I didn't have too much trouble tracking the 12 threads per inch, and 16 threads of each colour - although I did have to recount a couple of times!  I've also worked out that I will need more dyed wool to finish all three scarves (my 'guestimate' calculation was low).  I have enough skeins to do the dyeing so will try and get that done in the next couple of days - I have enough to start but will wait for the newly dyed wool to make sure I have it close enough to match the original.

The stripes (10) with each at 16 threads

Warping board on the wardrobe door - warp all tied up.

No comments:

Post a Comment