Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas Scarves

Continuing work on the Christmas scarves for Anne's niece and nephews.  3 are finished, one on the loom, and warp ready for the final 3.
The first three completed
The warp is a cotton two ply that holds together fairly well, although weak spots have pulled apart a couple of times, and there were a few knots on the cone - all require fixing as I weave.  The wefts are various cotton/wool/blends - all the yarn is from my stash of yarns from my fathers collection I inherited.
Number 4 underway on the Leclerc Dorothy
The point threading over 10: 2/2 twill pattern is more obvious with a dark weft on the lighter warp.

I also have cotton ready and dyed for the Christmas towels - that should be underway this week some time on the Macomber.

No comments:

Post a Comment