Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blanket finished

The baby blanket (for the baby shower/house warming) is finished - a couple of hours work after coming home from the Guild meeting saw the weaving finished with plenty of time (two weeks) to spare.

Overall the weaving went pretty well: one broken warp threat (allowed me to practice repair techniques!), one threading error (which I will have to live with), and some fairly radical draw in (which I could probably counter better with a real temple!).

Final stripes (and my 'chain' temple)

Off the loom (and that's a painting by Connel Byrne)

Knotting the fringe

Knotting finished - celebration.
The knotting went very quickly with Anne on one end and I on the other, then it was a couple of quick darning jobs to tidy up the broken thread and a loop I had missed on the selvedge, and trimming the fringe back to about an inch.  Final job will be to give it a wash and dry/iron, then attach a label.

The final blanket (with colours that coincidentally match the babies room - seen in photo's)

No comments:

Post a Comment